Purpose of position
As part of a cross-functional team, you will share responsibility for both the delivery and ongoing operation of a business critical service that forms part of our industry leading SaaS-based Affiliate Marketing application. You will work as part of a dedicated team of engineers, product specialists, and technical experts to manage the entire lifecycle of a service or product, from understanding requirements, through development to deployment, support and maintenance.
Contribute to driving Awin towards a common goal as a passionate, dedicated, and curious senior engineer with a high quality mind set.
Full stack details can be found at https://stackshare.io/awin/awin
- Driving change and mentoring your team to grow
- Hands-on in the entire service lifecycle
- Accountable for quality and accuracy
- Creating elegant, clean, maintainable code
- Pushing for automation of repetitive tasks
- Aiming to constantly improve our continuous delivery pipeline
Skills & Expertise
- Dedication. You are always on the hunt for solutions that fit your team and the company.
- Passion. Your passion for programming inspires others to grow, learn, and to deliver high-quality software.
- Learning. You are eager to learn new technologies, new ways of working, and are open to new perspectives.
- Continuous Improvement. You are happy to provide and receive feedback, and you reflect actively on the way that you and your team work.
- Curiosity. You are keen to understand how systems, people, teams, departments, and customers interact and work.
- Open-mindedness. You are not restricted by assumptions about, or expectations of, others.
- Creativity. You love to rethink and optimise existing algorithms and design new systems.
You also know:
- Knowledge Sharing Strategies. You are experienced in pair programming, code reviews, teaching, and learning.
- Agile Methods. You are experienced with agile methods like Kanban and Scrum. You use agile principles to drive your engineering and team decisions.
- Test Driven Development. You use TDD as a tool on a daily basis.
- Continuous Delivery. Continuous integration and delivery tools are your best friends.
- Time management. You acknowledge your time and respect the time of others.
- Clear and open communication. You make an effort to communicate efficiently in order to create transparency and visibility.
- Team work. You prefer to work in a team and contribute actively.
- Scenario Thinking. You are able to use a range of methods to analyse problems and design appropriate solutions.
- Holistic view. You are motivated to find long-term, sustainable solutions and to develop a clear vision for your service.
Education & Experience
- University degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, etc. or a relevant working experience
- Minimum 6 years' experience in Software Engineering, mainly in Java and cloud technologies
- Experience in BigData technologies and quality frameworks is a plus
- Excellent English skills, spoken and written
What can we offer you?
- A freshly renovated and nicely decorated office in the heart of Hanover
- Flexible working hours – no more wasting a vacation day for an administrative appointment
- Home-office days
- And in-house canteen as well as a terrace with a view
- Darts machine for a quick break when your head needs a time-out
- Open Fridge Friday as well as team and company events to celebrate our employees and their successes
- Numerous training opportunities & conferences to nurture self-development
- A Job card
- Cold and hot refreshments incl. coffee, hot chocolate and tea
- A daily basket full of seasonal fresh fruit
We at Awin have closed our offices to minimise the risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19. However, this will not stop us from recruiting the best talent from all across the globe such as yourself. To ensure your and our safety, all of our interviews will be conducted via phone and video calls. As a global business with offices all around the globe and a product offering that is fully digital, conducting meetings and interviews virtually has become second nature to us.
Apply now and you could be our next successful virtual hire.