Purpose of position
Awin’s Data Services Department is responsible for reporting across the business, providing a single source of truth. From an internal perspective this leads to more informed business decisions while externally we’re able to provide strategic insights, allowing our clients to further grow their programmes. As a Senior Database Engineer (m/f/d), you must have proven communication and analysis skills. You must be strong team player and a leader/mentor as you will be working with a global team of data warehouse engineers, analysts and reporting teams amongst other big data engineers within the organization.
You will be responsible for core data warehouse design and development from sourcing new data, building the ETL functions to delivering data via the cube. You should also be able to work with minimal supervision but able to implement and improve our standards and working practices.
Within the role, you act as a role model and professional advisor for more junior team members and you take over responsibility as project lead.
- You will be applying your knowledge on the entire data warehouse project life cycle ETL using full Microsoft BI Stack.
- You will be responsible for clean, maintainable code, pushing for automated over repetitive task.
- You will be responsible for data quality, accuracy and in timely fashion for further reporting, internally and externally.
- ·You will be working hands on designing end to end ETL and data modelling solutions.
- You will be applying data warehousing best practices and modelling techniques (Kimball, Star Schema etc.)
- You will be applying your understanding of the principles of Machine learning, Agile and Scrum practices.
Skills & Expertise
- Bachelor degree or higher in data science, data engineering, business intelligence, business administration or similar education with focus on data engineering / intelligence / analytics is preferred
- 5+ years working experience as a database developer, data engineer or similar
- Experience working with complete the Microsoft Tech Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Good knowledge of Databases, ideally MSSQL and MYSQL
- Proficiency with cloud services (Azure and AWS) and experience with BI/Data Analysis technologies, ideally with experience working in a big data environment, Data bricks, Python, Spark, JSON environment
- Excellent analytical skills to translate business need into actions with a proactive approach to tasks and challenges, delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Strong project & process management competencies with pronounced focus on delivering quality and results
- Willingness to create a mind-set to bring new ideas and push the data warehouse development and willingness to change and learn or start new initiatives
- Self-reliance and being able to face existing challenges on your own with the courage to make your own decisions if needed
Part of the Axel Springer and United Internet Groups, Awin is a global affiliate network. With ShareASale, the Awin group is comprised of 15 offices worldwide, over 1,000 employees, 200,000 contributing publishers and 15 500 advertisers, connecting customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €15.6 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €694 million for its publishers in the last financial year.