Purpose of position
Awin’s Data Services Department is responsible for reporting across the business, providing a single source of truth. From an internal perspective this leads to more informed business decisions while externally we’re able to provide strategic insights, allowing our clients to further grow their programmes. As a Junior Database Engineer (m/f/d) you will be working with global team of data warehouse engineer, analyst and reporting specialist amongst other big data engineers within the organization.
You will be working on warehouse development from sourcing new data, building the ETL functions to delivering data via cubes. You should also be able to work with minimal supervision on predefined standards and working practices.
- You will develop new programs and function using T-SQL and SSIS package
- You will learn and support existing projects
- You will create analyses by using SSAS and SSRS
- You will apply data warehousing best practices and modelling techniques (Kimball, Star Schema etc.)
- You will extend your knowledge and skills in terms of Scrum, Agile practices, Machine learning and data analytics
Skills & Expertise
- Bachelor degree or higher in data science, data engineering or business intelligence or one year of working experience with focus on data engineering / intelligence / analytics, ideally in a big data environment
- Working knowledge of the complete Microsoft tech stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), the Microsoft BI stack and SQL
- Knowledge of databases, ideally MSSQL and MYSQL; knowledge of Cloud Services (Azure and AWS) and BI/Data Analysis technologies are preferred but not essential.
- Proven analysis skills
- Strong team player skills and comfortable working with distributed teams
- Strong communication and interaction skills, with a customer-focused service attitude
- Proactive approach to tasks & challenges with a get-things done mentality
- Able to manage their own time constructively
- Understanding of project & process management competences
- Pronounced focus on quality and delivering results
- Open-mindedness and willingness to learn and/or start initiatives
Part of the Axel Springer and United Internet Groups, Awin is a global affiliate network. With ShareASale, the Awin group is comprised of 15 offices worldwide, over 1,000 employees, 200,000 contributing publishers and 15 500 advertisers, connecting customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €15.6 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €694 million for its publishers in the last financial year.