Purpose of position
Awin is searching for a talented, adventurous Linux Engineer to join our Berlin based IT Operations team.
The Awin Platform is a SaaS platform developed in house by the Awin Engineering teams. It runs in a mixture of on-premise and Cloud (AWS) more details about the stack can be found in the Awin stackshare profile. The platform is high traffic, high data volume and parts have 99.999% uptime requirements. The technical requirements make it exciting and interesting to work with.
The IT Operations team is responsible for the infrastructure that the Awin Platform runs on and the smooth running of the SaaS platform.
The IT Operations Team collaborates closely with Awin’s Systems Engineering, reliability and 10 Engineering Teams.
- Helping our Engineering teams to debug and resolve issues
- Running the server, storage and virtualisation platform 24/7
- Managing and supporting our VMware based virtualisation infrastructure
- Implementing and reviewing the monitoring and alerting of systems
- Regularly patching and upgrading OS and hardware components
- Identifying and automating tasks to reduce manual workText
Skills & Expertise
Necessary skills / Experience
- At least 3 years working as a Linux/Operations Engineer
- Fluent in English
- Strong SysAdmin/DevOps background with Linux based operating systems
- The ability to debug issues through the stack including OS, Kernel, Filesystems, Virtualisation Network and Physical layers
- Strong willingness to experiment and learn about new technologies
- Experience of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Familiarity of working with Web Technologies
Desirable skills / Experience
- Experience in a high traffic/data volume environment
- Exposure to Docker
- Fluent in German
Part of the Axel Springer and United Internet Groups, Awin is a global affiliate network. With ShareASale, the Awin group is comprised of 15 offices worldwide, over 1,000 employees, 200,000 contributing publishers and 15 500 advertisers, connecting customers with brands in over 180 countries around the globe. Operating across the retail, telecommunications, travel and finance verticals, Awin generated €15.6 billion in revenue for its advertisers and €694 million for its publishers in the last financial year.